Friday, December 13, 2013

My 18th birthday

I turned 18 on November 26th. I had a lovely day and my boyfriend came to me a day before. My best friend and her parents also came over. I got some wonderful presents I'd like to show :


  A set of 5 enamel bowls. I love these, and the biggest one is very suitable for washing stockings as is described in a 1941 libelle magazine (I'll write a post about that later !)


A few libelle magazines from 1941. These contain so much useful tips and the most beautiful fashion images


 Hints on taking care of your iron and other home appliances 



A 1935 Frohne Schnittzeichner pattern book. Unfortunately, the patterns are too difficult for me but one day I'll be able to use the patterns, I'm sure I will ! The book itself is great for inspiration though !

My boyfriend gifted me a 1930s/1940s rucksack. I couldn't take a decent picture of it, so I'll show it later.

with love,

Jip.

5 comments:

Anthea said...

Alsnog gefeliciteerd!

Mooie cadeaus heb je gekregen. Dat patronenboek ziet er erg mooi uit. Ik ben erg benieuwd naar de andere patronen uit dat boek.

Ik heb zelf niet zoveel Libelle tijdschriften, maar ik heb wel een behoorlijke verzameling van de Libelle Haken en Breien bijlagen die een keer per maand werden uitgegeven.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oooh, what a terrific selection of vintage gifts. You're very lucky to have friends and family members who know your tastes so well.

Here's hoping your 18th year is a truly magnificent one, dear gal!

♥ Jessica

Unknown said...

@ Anthea

Dankje ! Ik vind mijn cadeaus ook heel erg mooi. Ik ga nog een post schrijven over het Frohne boek.

Ik heb nu 2 ingebonden boeken met een paar nummers van de Libelle. ude tijdschriften zijn echt geweldig !

@ Jessica

I am lucky to have friends and family members who know just the perfect gifts !

I already look forward to 2014. I think I'll take driving lessons again. I had a few during the summer but I had an awful teacher. I felt intimidated and I decided to go. This year, in Juni, I'll have my first exam of my dressmaking school. Can't wait !
And of course I really look forward to spend a new year with my boyfriend and hopefully many many years to come !

- abigail - said...

Hi Jip! I've come to your blog through a link from Miss Lindsay Lane. I very much like your blog and your style and I will be back soon.
P.S. a late happy birthday to you! I turned 17 in December, and though I'm a bit younger I love seeing vintage loving gals about my age :)

Unknown said...

@Abigail

Thank you so much for your interest in my blog ! I also love to meet other people who are about my age and share the same passion for vintage ! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...